In Culver City, volunteers will spend Coastal Cleanup Day cleaning up the areas around the Ballona Creek bike patch officials said. The cleanup runs from 9 a.m. until noon.
According to the city, the cleanup day is "a fun way for individuals, neighborhoods, schools, and community and company volunteer groups to get involved and demonstrate their commitment to healthy water."
Those wishing to participate in the cleanup efforts can register at one of four registration sites along the Ballona Creek bike path:
- Syd Kronenthal Park (At the bike path entrance)
- Duquesne Avenue (North of Culver City Transportation Building)
- Overland Avenue (Behind Julian Dixon Library)
- Sepulveda Boulevard, (on Bike/Creek path entrance)
In addition, the city provided the following reminders to those wishing to volunteer on Saturday:
Below is important information to make your volunteer day in Culver City that much more fun:
- Bring the signed waiver with you if you can. If not, copies will be available for signature. Under age 18requires parental signature.
- Check in begins at 9 a.m. All good things happen at check-in. You will receive the safety talk on what to pickup and how, supplies, spritz of sunscreen and meet other like-minded volunteers. This and much more happens at check-in.
- Zero Heroes! Bring your own reusable buckets and gloves to collect trash if you can.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Closed toe shoes are recommended along with hats or sunglasses to beat the heat.
For more information on Coastal Cleanup Day, visit the City of Culver City's website.