Starting in late August, the City of Culver City will begin work on its Jefferson Boulevard project at Hetzler Road.
The project, which is expected to be completed by the end of November, will include the following:
- A traffic signal with a high visibility crosswalk at the intersection of Jefferson Boulevard and Hetzler Road
- Curb extensions at the intersection of Jefferson Boulevard and Hetzler Road
- Sidewalks filling the gap in existing sidewalks on Jefferson Boulevard near the entrance to the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook
- Raised landscaped median islands (approx. 250 feet total length) on Jefferson Boulevard near the entrance to the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook
- Bike lanes from near Duquesne Avenue to Holdrege Avenue
- Parking lot improvements (approximately 10 parking spaces) and bike racks
The City has issued a notice stating that as a result of the construction, “there will be temporary loss of street parking on Jefferson; temporary lane closures; construction noise; dust, etc., but every effort will be made to minimize impacts.
The work will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday.