A 23-year-old Culver City woman was found dead inside a Nissan Sentra in the Hollywood Hills after she ingested a toxic gas that she had concocted using instructions from a suicide website, police said Saturday.
Ana Gutierrez was found dead on La Presca Drive on Monday morning, said Brian Elias of the coroner's office. She mixed chemicals to create hydrogen sulfide, he said.
According to a bulletin from the Hollywood Heights Association, Gutierrez made a pact with a man she met on a suicide website. The man passed out on the street and after regaining consciousness and seeing Gutierrez dead, he called 911, according to the Hollywood Heights Association.
City News Service contributed to this report.