Culver City police arrested two Los Angeles men Monday in connection with a sexual assault of a minor that ended in Culver City but began in Venice Beach, on July 5.
Gilberto Reyes-Martinez and Fernando Sernas, both 29, were arrested by Culver City police and both were formally charged by the District Attorney's Office after detectives took them into custody, said Lt. Ron Iizuka of the Culver City Police Department.
Lt. Iizuka said police responded to the LAPD Pacific Division station to meet with the victim of a sexual assault that was believed to have occurred in Culver City. However, it was discovered during the interview that the initial crime began in the Venice Beach area and ended in Culver City.
Scanner reports at around noon last Thurs. July 5 stated a 13-year-old girl had entered the LAPD Pacific Division station requesting an ambulance and stating that she had been raped.
Patch spoke with Lt. Iizuka late Monday evening who confirmed that the victim in the case was a minor.
Culver City Police stated during the course of the investigation Culver City detectives were able to identify two suspects that were involved in the crime, which led to their arrest Monday.
Patch will bring you more details as they become available.