Join us at the Emerson Avenue Community Garden at OWMS for a volunteer work day. We're building a self sustaining, organic food garden to be shared by OWMS students and the community at large. We've made a lot of progress but there's much more to do. On MLK Day, we'll be
- Installing urbanite borders along roadway and native garden.
- Moving remaining urbanite away from the Circular Seating Area for storage.
- Prepping and planting new trees and plants.
- Extending the cardboard/mulch pathways around the South end of the garden and the East-West crossways.
- Excavating red bricks from near the Circular Seating Area and moving them to storage.
- Organizing unused PVC piping and moving to storage.
- Continuing rubbish clean-up on property.
- Prepping foundation for Worm Hutch installation.
Breakfast snacks and live music will be provided. Come burn a few calories, meet new people and be part of what will become a great asset to the community!