Metro will continue to work on Phase II of the Expo Line and residents in and around the Culver City area should expect traffic impacts from now through Nov. 15, while an existing sanitary sewer line is relocated on Venice Boulevard.
The work will take place near the intersection of Venice and Robertson boulevards and work hours will be as follows:
- 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday
- 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. Fridays (occasional as needed)
- Starting Oct. 21, Sunday hours will be 12 p.m. – 5 a.m.
During this time period, sanitary sewer relocation activities will include the excavation of approximately 200 linear feet along westbound Venice Boulevard, to install new pipes and manholes. Upon completion of the work, the street will be restored.
People traveling in and around the area should expect the following traffic impacts:
- Traffic will be impacted on Venice Boulevard between Durango Avenue and Ivy Street.
- Westbound traffic on Venice Boulevard will be reduced to one lane between Curtis Avenue and Culver Boulevard.
- Eastbound traffic on Venice Boulevard will be reduced to two lanes between Curtis Avenue and Robertson Boulevard.
- On northbound Robertson Boulevard, left turns will be prohibited onto Venice Boulevard.
- On southbound Robertson Boulevard right turns will be prohibited onto Venice Boulevard.
- On eastbound Venice Boulevard, left turns onto Robertson Boulevard will be prohibited.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the south side of Venice Boulevard.
- Pedestrian traffic on the north side of Venice Boulevard will be re-directed to the south side of Venice Boulevard between Robertson Boulevard and Culver Boulevard.
- Electronic message boards and directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers and pedestrians around the construction zones.
- Local access to all businesses will be maintained.
Please note: Steel plates will be used to maintain traffic during daytime hours, parking and “No Stopping Anytime” restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times.