When the kids are clamoring for something to do after school, an easy guide comes in handy. Here are this week's five Culver City options.
1) The Los Angeles Philharmonic Neighborhood Concert series is back and free to the public. On Friday Feb. 25, the show features a bassoon and string quartet and more. The fun starts at 7 p.m. at .
2) In the mood for indoor fun? Take a family photo and make it art with an online photo editing service called "Enhance Me." The ordinary family picture is only a few clicks away from a cartoon backdrop or other fun make-believe options. Prices average in the $20 range. Check out the Enhance Me site.
3) Take it from another mom; there is always plenty to do as a family on a budget. Take a look at L.A. City Mom's Blog today for the top 20 greatest family movies of all time.
4) Busy moms deserve a little time to themselves; get a nice morning break with "Mom's Day Out" on Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the . Take advantage of this option to leave your child in good hands for a few hours. The price is $20 per child, per day for members. Beware: Only potty trained children are eligible.
5) Check out Parent's Night Out on Fridays at the Josephson Academy of Gymnastics. For $35 dollars for your first child and $10 for every additional kid, the little ones can have an hour and a half to play on Fridays starting at 7 p.m. Josephson Academy of Gymnastics, 8640 Hayden Place; 310-287-9886