Metro has issued the following information regarding the relocation of on-street and underground utilities on Sepulveda Boulevard through Feb. 15
Construction activities will take place on Sepulveda Boulevard from Pico Boulevard to Exposition Boulevard at the following hours and times:
Intersection of Sepulveda and Exposition Boulevards
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Saturday & Sunday
Weekend work will continue through Jan. 26
Sepulveda Boulevard, between Pico Boulevard and just north of the Expo ROW
9 p.m. – 7 a.m. Sunday-Thursday
9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Friday*
Sunday – Thursday: Work will continue through Feb. 15.
* Only 2 Fridays: Feb. 8 and Feb. 15
Major work activities will include setting and removing of traffic control devices, saw-cutting and removal of concrete and asphalt, excavation of soil, installation of shoring, vaults and new utilities, and backfill, concrete and asphalt replacement.
- Sepulveda Boulevard will be intermittently reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction throughout the construction zone.
- For the intersection work, Sepulveda Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction. Exposition Boulevard will be closed to all through traffic and traffic will be detoured to either northbound or southbound Sepulveda Boulevard.
- Parking restrictions on Sepulveda Boulevard will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Electronic message boards, directional signage and/or flaggers will be used to maintain traffic flow and safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)