Expect construction delays for the next month near Culver City as Metro relocates on-street and underground utilities for Phase II of the Expo Line.
Construction will take place from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. from Nov. 5 through Dec. 7 at the following locations:
- National Boulevard between Palms Boulevard and Clarington Avenue
- Clarington Avenue at National Boulevard
According to Metro the construction will include removing and relocating existing on street and underground utilities at various points along the Expo Right of Way on National Boulevard. Major work activities will include saw cutting and removal of asphalt, excavation of soil, installation of new utilities, backfilling and asphalt restoration.
As a result of these activities there will be the following traffic impacts:
- National Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic between Palms Boulevard and Clarington Avenue intermittently during the work period.
- Clarington Avenue at National Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will maintain traffic in both directions at these locations.
- Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Electronic message boards, directional signage and/or flaggers will be used to maintain traffic flow and safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.