As part of the Expo line construction schedule, soil investigation activities began at 9 a.m. Friday on Venice Boulevard between Culver Boulevard and Curtis Avenue.
The work will continue through 3 p.m. Friday at seven work areas located near the median along Venice Boulevard. Three work areas will be located along Venice Boulevard between Culver and Robertson boulevards and four work areas will be located along Venice Boulevard between Robertson Boulevard and Curtis Avenue.
The work entails retrieving soil samples from each work area using a small drill rig. Upon completion of the work, the street will be restored. According to an Expo release, the noise generated by these activities will be comparable to that of a garbage truck and will not be continuous.
The work will continue on Mon. July 16, also between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Traffic will be impacted on Venice Boulevard between Bagley and Curtis avenues.
- Eastbound traffic on Venice Boulevard will be reduced to two lanes between Bagley and Curtis avenues.
- On westbound Venice Boulevard left turns will be prohibited onto National Boulevard Detour signage will be provided.
- Directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers around the construction zones in order to minimize the disruption to traffic.
- Local access to all businesses will be maintained.
Metro is calling on everyone to not enter the construction work zones and to obey all posted construction signs.