Community Development Buzz is where we take a look at businesses opening and closing, development projects and renovation projects. If you have any tips, photos or information on any of the above email them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in our roundup.
The following information was provided by Culver City City Manager John Nachbar as part of his bi-weekly update to the Culver City City Council:
- City Dog Club – Work has been completed on an 8,600 square foot tenant improvement for a new dog boarding/grooming kennel located at 3940 Higuera St.
- Which Wich? - Plans have been submitted for a new sandwich shop located at 3849 Main St.
- Starbucks Coffee Co. – Located at 4114 Sepulveda Blvd. is now open.
- Pei Wei Asian Restaurant – The restaurant, located at 4114 Sepulveda Blvd. is now under construction.
- Enjoeat – Plans have been submitted for a new café and bakery located at 3912 Van Buren Pl.
- Smashbox Studios / Cosmetics – Plans have been submitted to renovate the existing office space to allow for a production facility located at 8538 Warner Dr.
- Cherry On Top – A new drive-thru frozen yogurt shop, located at 12350 Washington Pl. is under construction and near completion.
- 8770 Washington Boulevard - (Legado Crossing) – The Planning Commission approved a Comprehensive Plan to allow a mixed-use development in the City’s Transit Oriented Development (TOD) District adjacent to the Expo light rail line consisting of 31,240 square feet of commercial use, 115 residential dwelling units, and 7,198 square feet of public open space.