Close out your weekend with a recap of the newsiest and most popular Patch articles from last week. Here are the five stories that topped the headlines on Westside Patch sites:
- Community Gathers to Remember Santa Monica Shooting Victims: Family members of three people killed in Friday’s shooting spree joined hundreds of community members Monday for a candlelight vigil at Santa Monica College. A procession led by more than 20 clergy members from different denominations began at 6 p.m. on the steps of the library and culminated on the Corsair Stadium field.
- 3 Arrested in Santa Monica Alley Shooting: Christopher Chonan Osumi, 19, and Meliton Lorenzo Lopez, 23, both of Los Angeles were taken into custody on suspicion of murder and being a member of a criminal street gang, according to Sgt. Richard Lewis of the Santa Monica Police Department. Bail for both was set at $1.04 million.
- Detectives Search for Stolen 200-Pound Bulldog Statue: Anyone seen a bright pink bulldog? The sculpture—last seen Monday on a median on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood—is called "Cloned Bulldogs with Water Bottle" by William Sweetlove. Anyone with information should call detectives at the West Hollywood Sheriff's Station, 310-855-8850.
- Brentwood Pedestrian Struck in Pacific Palisades: A 15-year-old boy from Brentwood was struck by a vehicle Thursday afternoon in Pacific Palisades. His condition was listed as critical. Authorities said the vehicle was traveling eastbound on Sunset and hit the youth in the #2 lane at Hartzell.
- Dead Body Washes Ashore Near Marina del Rey Inlet: The body of the man, in his 60s, was discovered about 6:35 a.m. near the 6200 block of Ocean Front Walk. Firefighters pulled the body from the water and onto the beach.
Don't want to miss a single story? Want to be the first to know about
news in your neighborhood? Click the links below to follow your local Patch
sites on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for our free daily newsletter.