When time is of the essence and the kids are clamoring for something to do, an easy guide comes in handy. Here are this week's five fun options.
1) Make for a family fun day at the mall with Giggles N’ Hugs, a Children's Restaurant and PlayPlace that is known for its celebrity clientele, including Jennifer Garner and Adam Sandler. Read a recent review of the place by GuruMommy.com. Giggles N'Hugs, 10250 Santa Monica Blvd., #155, Los Angeles, CA 90067; 310-553–4847
2) Los Angeles can seem like an endless car jam, but that also means plenty of family friendly events, including interactive museums, arts and crafts activities and other family fun ideas. Sign up for the newsletter at KidsOffTheCouch.com and have an endless array of options at your fingertips.
3) Attention busy moms: Get a nice morning out with "Mom's Day Out" on Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the . The price is $20 per child, per day.
4) The new term just started last week; get in while you still can to encourage your child's inner actor or actress with Musical Theater at Creation Station, a class for kids ages four to six years. For more information and other classes, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or view their schedule. Creation Station, 10746 Jefferson Blvd.; 310-839-8999.
5) Get motivated to work out by taking the kids to the Parent's Night Out on Fridays at Josephson Academy of Gymnastics. For $35 dollars for your first child and $10 for every additional kid, the little ones can have an hour and a half to play on Fridays starting at 7 p.m. Josephson Academy of Gymnastics, 8640 Hayden Place; 310-287-9886