When time is of the essence and the kids are clamoring for something to do, an easy guide comes in handy. Here are five Culver City options.
1) Celebrate Chinese New Year with a storytime for the kids at the Culver City Julian Dixon Library on Wednesday. Presented by Culver City Friends of the Library, join author Oliver Chin for a special multimedia storytime reading of his newest picture book in the "Tales of the Chinese Zodiac series: The Year of the Rabbit."
2) Attention busy moms: Get a nice morning out with "Mom's Day Out" on Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the . The price is $20 per child, per day.
3) Encourage your child's inner actor/actress with Musical Theater at Creation Station, a class for kids ages four to six years. A new term is starting towards the end of the month, but sign-ups are happening right now, and the classes often fill up long before class stars. For more information and other classes, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or view their schedule. Creation Station, 10746 Jefferson Blvd.; 310-839-8999.
4) Get motivated to work out by taking the kids to the Parent's Night Out on Fridays at Josephson Academy of Gymnastics. For $35 dollars for your first child and $10 for every additional kid, the little ones can have an hour and a half to play on Fridays starting at 7 p.m. Josephson Academy of Gymnastics, 8640 Hayden Place; 310-287-9886
5) Squeeze in some "me" time with a five-week Boot Camp. The Culver City Bootcamp starts on Wednesday Feb. 9. Class times are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. and 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. For more information, see the Culver City Boot Camp site. The location will be revealed after registration is closed.