Robertson Boulevard between Hoke Avenue and Venice Boulevard will close for one hour in both directions begining at 9 p.m. Thursday. Those lanes will reopen at 10 p.m.
Following the Robertson road closure, all eastbound lanes of Venice Boulevard between Culver Boulevard and Robertson Boulevard will shut down overnight from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m., officials said.
According to City Manager John Nachbar, the lane closures will be in place to allow construction crews to pour concrete for the Expo Line bridge over Venice and Robertson Boulevards.
Those traveling in the area during the lane closures will be instructed to observe the following detours and restrictions:
Robertson Closure (9-10 p.m. Thursday):
- Traffic will be detoured at Washington and Venice Boulevards to National Boulevard.
Venice Boulevard Closure (10 p.m - 6 a.m.):
- Eastbound Venice Boulevard will be closed to through traffic from Culver Boulevard to Robertson Boulevard, and traffic will be detoured at Bagley Avenue/Main Street or Culver Boulevard to Washington Boulevard.
- Right turns on to eastbound Venice Boulevard from Culver Boulevard will be prohibited.
- Left turns on to westbound Venice Boulevard from northbound Robertson Boulevard will be prohibited.
- Through movements across Venice Boulevard from northbound Robertson Boulevard will be prohibited.