1. The organizers of the Green Space Plan survey that we ran on Feb. 7 contacted Patch yesterday and informed us that the link to the survey was broken. The new link to take the online survey is now here. Just a reminder that North East Trees, Ballona Creek Renaissance and Culver City Parks, Recreation and Community Services Green Space Advisory Committee have teamed up to create the Culver City Green Space Plan. The plan aims to increase the value of Culver City Parks to a broader segment of the local community through passive recreation or wellness activities, while creating an urban environment that enhances personal and environmental health. You can read the overview in the PDF document to the right of this article then take the online survey (click the link above) and let them know what types of activities you feel would improve Culver City parks and open spaces.
2. is holding a fundraiser for the Culver City Education Fund starting tomorrow, Saturday Feb. 11 and running through Monday, Feb. 13. On these days between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. La Roccos's Pizzeria will donate 20 percent of your dining bill to the Culver City Education Foundation's classroom and major grant programs. Simply mention CCEF when you place your order at the checkout. La Rocco's Pizzeria - 3819 Main St. 90232. Tel: 310-837-8345.
3. Do you have a chronic ailment or ongoing pain? Want free treatment and are you willing to be filmed? Here’s your chance. Yogi Cameron Alborzian is filming a new DocuSeries for the Veria Living Network in and around Culver City. He's looking for people with chronic ailments or pain who live in the area. He uses a combination of Ancient Ayurveda and yoga to treat them and Veria captures the transformational process. To learn more about the process and casting click here.
4. The Kohl’s Department Stores Kohl’s Cares® Scholarship Program will award more than $420,000 in scholarships and prizes, ranging from $50 Kohl’s gift cards to $10,000 scholarships, to more than 2,200 young volunteers who have made a positive impact on their communities. Nominations for kids ages six to 18 will be accepted February 1 – March 15 at kohlskids.com. Nominators must be 21 years or older. Two nominees from each of the more than 1,100 Kohl’s stores nationwide will win a $50 Kohl’s gift card, and more than 200 will win regional scholarships worth $1,000 toward post-secondary education. Ten national winners will be awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships for post-secondary education and Kohl’s will donate $1,000 to a nonprofit organization on each national winner’s behalf. For more information or a list of past Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program winners, visit www.kohlskids.com.
5. in Culver City will participate in V-Day, an international movement to end violence against women and girls, by presenting a three-night engagement beginning tonight at 7 p.m. The event is entitled, "A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant and a Prayer: Writings to Stop Violence Against Women and Girls.'' AULA community members will perform monologues written by authors and playwrights, including Maya Angelou on women's work, Dave Eggers on a Sudanese abduction and Jane Fonda on "reclaiming our mojo.'' Full proceeds from the three-night event will be donated to organizations that help abuse victims. AULA, 400 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, 90230. For more information click here.