Attention to residents and business owners near Getty Center Drive: As part of the widening of the Getty Center Drive Bridge, girders will be installed on the west side of the bridge the night of Friday, Aug. 17 requiring the full closure of Getty Center Drive. The work will commence between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. at the intersection of Getty Center Drive and Sepulveda Boulevard.
What to expect:
- Getty staff will be directed to the South Gate entrance during closure times.
- Sepulveda Bl will be reduced to one lane each direction north and south of Getty Center Drive.
- Access to Leo Baeck Temple will be maintained. Southbound 405 lanes between the southbound Getty on-ramp and the southbound Sunset off-ramp may be closed as early as 10 p.m. through 6 a.m.; closures will be coordinated with Caltrans.
- Access to thru freeway traffic will be maintained at all times.
- The southbound Getty on-ramp will be closed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to a safe area outside the construction zone.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
- For closure information follow us on twitter.com/I_405